Rhodes College provided a beautiful landscape to accent a fabulously warm July morning. I wanted to run forever. Cursed schedules! The only bad part of the 100 acre campus at Rhodes is you can circle it twice in no time at all. As noted, I really wanted to use every possible moment to run before the day’s itinerary began.
Since I forgot to bring the handy electronic key necessary to enter and exit the campus, I moved on to the track to my own dismay. Like some others, I generally find running on a 440 track a touch monotonous. The beauty of the day and the surrounding campus prevailed. With a little attitude adjustment I used the track to my advantage. I did some striders (run at open speeds on the straight sides of the track) and other running workouts. I hadn’t used those routines in a while. It felt great and provided a solid exercise activity.
I followed the track time with one more loop around the campus and then off to my meetings.
Make meetings manageable. Run first.
Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment